Tonal Tools is several things: an app, a book and a website with resources.
A hands-on approach to creative keyboard playing and teaching
Tonal Tools blends old and contemporary approaches to tonal music. Nine ‘components’ serve as keys to a more aural, creative and tangible approach in any tonal idiom from the very start.
- Interweave Tonal Tools with your usual practicing habits or teaching methods.
- Develop according to your own or your pupil’s pace and needs.
- Span the baroque, classical, romantic, jazz and pop repertoire using common improvisational and compositional principles.
- a better integration of musical understanding and instrumental skill
- a more reliable memory and better sight-reading ability
- a broadened musical imagination
- enhanced expressiveness
- more joy in playing tonal music.